Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Classical Reading Lists

Dear readers,

For those of you who would like to continue reading through the classics on your own, here are some suggested book lists:

The Well-Trained Mind

I am currently using this listing with my high schooler. I have created a PDF checklist along with a brief summary of how to keep a history notebook. It can easily be adapted for an adult reader:

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~cheps/pdf/greatbooks.pdf

St. John College

This is the book list I used for this group. I simply followed their outline for Freshman-Senior Seminar studies.


The St. John's reading lists are broken out by book and suggested pacing, which is very handy. They do change their lists yearly, so it might be good to book mark their website.

I hope this gives you some direction and focus for your reading studies. I do appreciate all the lovely comments regarding our group and send everyone my best wishes.

I will post these links to my blog:

http://areteclassical.blogspot.com so they will be available online indefinitely. I will continue to keep my blog updated (depends on my time) with any pertinent updates and/or links to study articles.

~Carol H. :o)